Sunday 31 January 2016

Step by step recovery

I"Today has been both high and low. 

No more morphine pump and no more urinary catheter. I have  started to get mobile. 

Unencumbered, I set off with the stroller and had a lovely shower as well as several trips up and down the corridor. However the activity aggravated my knee just above the scar. My pain scores today have wobbled between 4 and 7. So I have been popping more painkillers and I have a lovely cool ice pack on my knee. The nurses here are very thoughtful and kind and look after me well.

I delighted to have friends and family visit - nicely paced throughout the day. Peter came in early and then Sarah and Fifi bowled in. After lunch Ruth and Leonie came in and were followed by old school friends Heather and Diane and my mother, Helen. The room was somewhat congested but we laughed and chatted - and Heather gave me a fabulous foot massage.  Seeing everyone today was a great distraction from my knee pain.


At some stages during the day I found myself drifting into sleep and my head becoming fuzzy. But I guess that is to be expected. The  rehab will literally be slow, step by step progress. I am not yet ready to dance - but I will. 💃


1 comment: